Fastag is a revolutionary innovation that has changed the field of electronic monetary transactions. HDFC Bank’s Fastag program has altered road-trip experiences by making toll booth payments easy.
If you’d like to know all the details about the Fastag system and learn how to use it to your advantage, keep on reading.
What is the FASTag system?
Fastag is a program launched by the NETC (National Electronic Toll Collection) as an initiative to make toll booth payments easy and convenient.
It is a rechargeable tag that allows the automatic deduction of toll booth charges and lets you travel without having to stop for cash transactions. Through Radio-frequency Identification (RFID), the fastag account tag is recognized and toll charges are deducted.
HDFC is one of the many banks that has collaborated with the NETC in this effort to make traveling easier and more approachable.
What are the advantages of using HDFC Fastag?
Using the Fastag system poses several, different kinds of advantages.
- The best thing about this system is that you can get cashback for your transactions! Now, you may be thinking about how much discount by HDFC for Fastag is provided. Well, they will give you 2.5% cashback for all all toll payments made by tag.
- It saves a great deal of time as you don’t have to stop for a long time at the toll booths.
- You’ll receive message alerts for all your transactions thus allowing you to keep track of your records.
- You will be able to avail roadside assistance during emergencies (subject to terms and conditions)
Where to buy Fastag?
The steps on how to get fastag online for yourself are incredibly easy and simple. Here are the steps to follow.
- Firstly, go to the HDFC Fastag portal and choose the log-in option.
- Next, choose the “First-time user” option and enter your details. These details include documents required for fastag which are –
- A copy of the Registration Certificate (RC) of your vehicle.
- KYC documents (ID and Address proof) which can be Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID, PAN Card, etc.
- Passport-size photograph of the applicant and owner of the vehicle. After filling in your details, make the payment and complete the transaction.
After completing the process, your fastag card will reach your doorstep within a few business days. For more assistance in this regard, you can also contact HDFC fastag customer care.
How to do fastag recharge online?
Your fastag card has a validity of up to five years and doesn’t need to be renewed before that. However, you need to recharge your fastag balance regularly. Similar to the application procedure, the process for recharging fastag is also simple and convenient.
- Go to the HDFC Fastag website and enter your log-in details.
- Click on the recharge icon.
- Select the wallet ID that you want to recharge.
- Put in the amount you would like to recharge.
- Finally, choose “Yes” to complete the process and make your recharge a success.
With similar steps, you can recharge your fastag through HDFC Net Banking, HDFC Mobile Banking, PayZapp, and other UPI like Google Pay, Paytm, etc.
How to check fastag balance?
If you want to gain information about your fastag wallet status, balance, and more, all you have to do is place a missed call on the number 720-805-3999 from the mobile number which you have registered with your NETC fastag account.